Workforce and Immigration:
A Modern Approach to the Colorado Economy
Immigrants make invaluable contributions to the Colorado economy and workforce. Colorado’s business leaders support modernizing the U.S. immigration system to reflect the world we live in today.
Immigration is a top issue in 2022, but the national conversation often misses what is really happening on the ground in Colorado. It has become imperative that policy makers and the general public better understand the economic impacts of immigration in our communities and how modern immigration policies will benefit our state.
A Modern Approach to the Colorado Economy Toolkit
- Spotlight on Colorado’s Recovery: The Economic Impact of Immigration
- American Immigration Council: Immigrants in Colorado’s Workforce
- American Immigration Council: The Growing Demand for Physicians in Colorado
COBRT Podcasts on Immigration
- Immigration and Workforce Policy featuring Megan Peiffer, July 20, 2020
- Mortenson Construction featuring Ale Spray, August 10, 2020
- Colorado Business Coalition for Immigration Solutions featuring Brock Herzberg, October 12, 2020
- World Trade Center Denver Featuring President & CEO Karen Gerwitz, November 9, 2020
Business Coalition & Advocacy Initiatives
Colorado Business Coalition for Immigration Solutions
COBRT is a member of the Colorado Business Coalition for Immigration Solutions (CBCIS), a statewide group of more than 50 businesses, industry and trade organizations focused on making the economic and business case for a modernized immigration system that works for Colorado. Members are aligned with the tenets of the Colorado Compact and provide a unified voice for common sense federal and statewide immigration reforms and policies that ensure the future growth and stability of Colorado’s economy.
For more information on CBCIS and how to join, visit https://www.cocompact.org/coalition.
Business Roundtable is an association of chief executive officers of America’s leading companies working to promote a thriving U.S. economy and expanded opportunity for all Americans through sound public policy. The Colorado Business Roundtable is an affiliate of the Business Roundtable.
Highlighted articles from Business Roundtable
The American Immigration Council (the Council), is an organization that works to create a more welcoming America—one that provides a fair process for immigrants and adopts immigration laws and policies that take into account the needs of the U.S. economy. The Council works with leaders in government, business, and civil society across the country to recognize the crucial role immigrants are playing in state and local economies.
Highlighted sites from the Council
- Map the Impact: Immigrants and the Economy in Colorado (provides data on the impact of immigration statewide, by congressional district, metro area, and counties)
- Immigration and COVID-19