Inner Circle Q&A
What book have you given or recommended the most?
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
Navy Fighter Pilot
How would you describe your leadership style?
1. Purpose-driven: serve people and solve problems that matter to our community
2. People-focused: grow more leaders and empower them with vision and autonomy
3. Values-based: lead with authenticity, empathy, and humility; align organizational vision and values; know what you stand for and do the right thing
What are some industry trends that have an impact on your role as a leader?
Work-based learning, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
Scott Laband is the president of Colorado Succeeds, a non-profit, nonpartisan coalition of business leaders focused on improving the state’s education system. Colorado Succeeds represents business executives from corporations of all sizes and sectors working to ensure all of Colorado’s children are educated to their greatest potential, and all of Colorado’s businesses have the talented and innovative homegrown workforce they need to thrive.
Prior to Colorado Succeeds, Scott worked as the Legislative Director for Colorado Senator Mike Johnston, where he oversaw the policy agenda and served as the point person for both internal strategy negotiations with other Colorado legislators and external relations and coalition-building with advocates and interest groups.
Scott began his career as an Associate at HVS International, where he provided asset valuation and investment consulting for commercial real estate developers. Scott also worked at Qdoba Restaurant Corporation, directing strategic marketing and branding campaigns nationwide.
He is a founding board member of Rocky Mountain Prep, a charter management organization with three high-performing public schools in Denver and Aurora. Scott graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a degree in Business Administration. Scott earned a Master’s Degree in Education, Leadership, and Organizational Change from the University of Denver.
Share the COBRT Inner Circle with your network!
- On Twitter, follow and tag @slaband, @COSucceeds and @ColoradoBRT with #COBRTInnerCircle
- On Facebook, you can "like" Colorado Succeeds and COBRT too!
- On LinkedIn, follow Scott Laband, Colorado Succeeds, and Colorado Business Roundtable
See all members of COBRT's Inner Circle