What do leaders of some of America’s largest and most successful corporations think about ethical standards in corporate America today? Do guidelines for ethical behavior within an organization really matter? Does having ethical standards change or alter “business as usual”? Are they meaningful in today’s business environment?
A great deal of reportage, editorial opinion, and commentary on the blogosphere has decried the current state of business ethics and ethical leadership. But we have not heard much from the business community itself on the topic. So far it has been a one way broadcast.
The 4th annual Elevate Ethics: Ethical Leadership in American Business — A Dialogue:
- Helps advance the case for high standards of ethical leadership in business.
- Gives a voice to the seasoned perspectives of those who lead our business institutions day-to-day.
- Provides a platform for corporate leaders to assess the state of ethical leadership in business today.
- Provides a forum to exchange ideas on the effective development of ethical leadership in business.
Elevate Ethics featured senior executives from leading corporations based in the Denver area. The live audience of 150 included senior business executives and independent corporate directors, senior University of Denver officials and trustees, selected University of Denver alumni and supporters and Daniels College of Business faculty and students. Live video streaming through Level 3 Communications’ global IP network enabled participation by a national and international audience.
Elevate Ethics was held in the Reiman Theater on the University of Denver campus on April 26, 2017, between 6:00 and 7:30 p.m. MDT. It was followed by a reception for special guests and catered dinner for the participants and major sponsors.
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities were available to businesses interested in promoting the advancement of ethical leadership in American business. Sponsorship of Elevate Ethics will provide opportunities for these businesses to:
- Publicly promote ethical leadership practices.
- Associate their brand with an important cause in main street America - ethical leadership in business.
- Be seen as a leader in the dialogue on an important issue facing American business today.
- Link their brand to the very respected brands of the University of Denver and the Daniels College of Business.
- Achieve exposure of their support for ethical leadership on a global basis.
To learn more about opportunities to be a sponsor of the Elevate Ethics Dialogue, please contact Dan Sweeney, Director of the Institute for Enterprise Ethics at Daniel.Sweeney@du.edu, or at (303) 871-3448.