Leadercast is a brand that builds Leaders Worth Following. We believe that leadership is not reserved for those with a ‘C’ in their title. We need better leaders in our communities, businesses, organizations, and in homes across the world. Leadercast exists to serve individuals and organizations across all sectors who want to become intentional about raising their standard of leadership. Leadercast Live will be simulcast from KNUS 710 on May 8th. Leadercast Live is a one-day leadership event broadcast from Atlanta to hundreds of locations globally. Speakers include Rudy Giuliani, Aja Brown, Malala Yousafzai and Seth Godin. I took a look at the Leadercast website, and found an April's Fools day blog post titled, "Brave Moves for Boring Meetings," I had to share. Below is that blog post.
We’ve all had to experience those terribly boring meetings where every ten minutes feels like an hour. Have you ever wondered what it would look like if someone actually acted upon some of the thoughts we’ve all had while sitting in one of those meetings? For April Fools Day, we put together a short video to show a lighter side of bravery with 10 bold moves you probably shouldn’t pull in your next meeting…
- Obnoxiously send emails with your speaker volume up.
- Bring fajitas for lunch.
- Don’t know someone’s name? Just take a guess.
- Tell them how you really feel.
- I mean, if the donuts are free, just take seven. No one’s looking…
- Synchronized pen clicking: The new way to annoy your boss.
- Interrupt the meeting to encourage a nice team outing to the Cheesecake Factory.
- Attach fundraising forms to the meeting agenda. A little hint never hurt anyone.
- Arm wrestling: Hey, at least we learned Stan’s name! That’s a point for productivity, right?
- Multitask with no shame. #SorryNotSorry
Now it’s your turn:
Have you experienced some bold moves in your meetings? Share it with us on Facebook. We will re-post our favorites!
To experience a different level of bravery and hear from some of the bravest leaders in sports, business, government and more, join Leadercast Live.