The Colorado PUC (Public Utilities Commission) is trying to shut down one of our favorite new companies in Denver and we need your help to stop it from happening! Uber is a limo/taxi type service that provides rides through their brilliant smartphone app. All you do is press a button to request a pickup and voila, you receive a text that your Uber is enroute. The text tells you approximately how long it will take for them to arrive, but equally importantly, provides you with the driver's name, customer rating, phone number and profile picture. This is absolutely wonderful for those whom may want to know who's picking them up. The drivers of Uber are far more personable than most taxi drivers and the quality of cars they own are beyond comparison to any Yellow or Metro taxi there is. The thing I like most is that the wait has never once been long, averaging about 6 minutes from the request.
In my experience (31 Uber rides to date), it blows the taxi services in Denver out of the water. The service has been so good in the short four months they've been in Denver that the taxi companies have talked the PUC and Gov. John Hickenlooper into changing the rules in sections 6001, 6301, & 6309, which would effectively shut Uber Denver down.
As the citizens of the greatest city on the planet, we cannot let this happen in our town! Here's what you can do to help:
1) Contact Gov. Hickenlooper and tell him: “Save Uber in Colorado! Withdraw PUC Rules Changes to sections 6001, 6301, & 6309.”
- a) Write on John Hickenlooper's Facebook timeline: here
- b) Write John Hickenlooper an email: here
- c) Tweet to him: @hickforco
2) Contact the Colorado PUC Directly:
- a) Email Joshua Epel, Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b) Email Doug Dean, Director: email@example.com
3) Sign this petition
If you've never used Uber, you really need to give it a try. Get $10 off your first Uber ride by using this promo link
~Follow Blake Rubenstein on Twitter: @BlakeHenry27