Allan Jones, president of Emaginos Inc. focuses on changing K-12 education. Changing the course of public education takes more than reforms. Reforms are not creating the best benefits in public schools. The NCEE reported globally we are in the middle or bottom of the middle tier of rankings for having successful K-12 education. The best practices in transforming public education are:
- Creating stronger teacher unions
- Viewing teachers as the solution not the problem
- The Federal government needs to set the priorities
- Equity needs to go to the best preforming schools.
Ignoring public schools have efficiency issues will result in people unable to find jobs. Extinct jobs are not coming back and schooling can’t get in the way of education. Schools should focus 80 percent on problem solving and 20 percent on learning facts.
Tracy Learning Centers use hands on applications developed by Emaginos Inc. and have a one percent dropout rate and zero percent teacher turnover. Their learning models are scalable to public schools. They help students become active, independent learners. For more information, visit: http://thepowerofus.org.
- You: Mount Vernon District vs. Charter School (nytimes.com)