Todd Vernon, Founder & CEO of Lijit talks to Sandy Grason about:
- being acquired in one of the most significant transactions in Colorado's last decade
- becoming an entrepreneur "you have to become obsessed about something"
- how long it takes to build a successful business
- hiring people smarter than you
- having Plan B & C
- the ability to delay gratification & drinking your own kool-aid
Some of my favorite quotes from Todd are:
"I believe humility is the best tool you have as a CEO"
"Are you really just a cowboy that wants to get paid a lot and likes saying you work at a start-up because it's sexy?"
"How comfortable are you being uncomfortable?" Disclaimer: Todd may have stolen this quote from Brad Feld, and Brad may have stolen it from Sandy Grason :-)
Here's a link to the article in Inc magazine with Todd's great advice for finding great people for your company: "Ask These 5 Questions Before You Hire".